ERGONOMICS SERVICES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Relaxed & Comfortable are two words seldom used to describe most workplaces, but critical components for success in both high-quality and highly productive business settings. Ergonomics can help make the difference in the bottom line profitability of a business, whether a burgeoning international firm or a busy small office.
Thomas Rowell Consulting LLC designs, facilitates, or directly assists clients to implement ergonomics strategies for businesses of all sizes and industries. Our programs are uniquely structured to benefit both the wellness of your employees and the bottom line of your business. An effective ergonomics strategy can pay off generously when comfort and wellness are blended in ergonomic solutions that are easy on business finances.
After evaluating your workspace for design, function, and comfort, we create a customized recommendations and then help your company evaluate and acquire solutions to create a safer, more efficient, more productive, and comfortable work environment. Whether your company needs to redesign existing workspaces or assistance in designing a new office or industrial workspace and work process, we can assist you to achieve measurable results.
WHY IS ERGONOMICS IMPORTANT?
RELATED TO AN ACCIDENT
$3 TO $5
OF INDIRECT COSTS
IMPROVING THE WORKPLACE
LIBERTY MUTUAL SAYS
ON WORKPLACE SAFETY
AT LEAST $3
Thomas Rowell MS, CPE
Years Experience in Occupational Health, Safety & Ergonomics at IBM
Years Experience in Manufacturing
Years Independent Ergonomics Consultant
Thomas Rowell, founder and president of Thomas Rowell Consulting LLC, is a Board Certified Professional Ergonomist with more than 30 years of leading-edge industry experience. Tom received both his Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering with a Specialization in Ergonomics from Texas A&M. Following various ergonomics projects in college, Thomas was ‘hooked' on ergonomics and how it helps people become more productive and he pursued further specialization.
Tom's areas of expertise have uniquely qualified him to assist your company in developing ergonomics strategies and solutions:
- Ergonomics Program Development & Auditing
- Ergonomic and Safety Workplace Evaluations & Analysis
- Injury Investigations & Solutions Identification
- Experience in OSHA VPP Star Site Certification
IBM- Occupational Safety and Ergonomics Program Manager
- Austin, TX - Responsibility for 11,000 employee campus and 3 manufacturing plants
- Southeast Region – US – Responsibility for 51,000 employees in 16 states
- Technical standard owner for worldwide IBM ergonomics program development.
- Completed ergonomics and safety workplace evaluations and analyses, injury investigations, design reviews, equipment inspections, and program auditing. Tom collaborated with IBM medical staff at Austin site to reduce injury severity, lost time cases, and worker’s compensation costs.
- Developed and implemented individual and mass customized ergonomics training for the Austin site’s employees under a proprietary “train the trainer” program. This program improved overall safety and ergonomics awareness of all manufacturing employees and enabled the first IBM location to receive OSHA VPP Star status.
- Operations Management
- Employee Management & Direct Customer Support
- IT Communication Network, Hardware/Software Support, Security
- CAD Support, Water Jet Project Design and Programming, MAZATROL/CNC Programming, Manual Machine, and Equipment Operation
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE ON SERVICES:
Due to the need for social distancing, we are now offering virtual ergonomics consultations. As many people are transitioning to home-based work, it is so important to make sure you have a comfortable environment where you can be the most productive. Thomas Rowell Ergonomics Consulting can help you achieve this while staying safe and healthy. Schedule a virtual consultation today and we can get started!
“Every $1 spent on ergonomics programs delivers a $3 return on investment.”
-Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Consulting Services Include:
Workplace Ergonomics Assessments and Risk Analyses
Meet With/Interview Employee
Observe Work Tasks, Work Flow, and Surrounding Areas
Record Pertinent Data and Measurements
Discuss Observations and Initial Recommendations
Meet With Supervisor and Other Pertinent Staff
Written Assessment Report:
Recommendations for Accommodation or Accessories
Compliance/Assistance with ADA Issues
Recommendations for Design/Redesign
Recommendations for Follow-Up
Follow-Up as Necessary:
Ergonomics Training for Staff and Supervisors
Workstation Equipment and Design Consultation
Ergonomics Health Breaks
We Offer Goal-driven Services Customized to Your Business’s Needs
We provide recommendations that address many categories:
Return to Work (Accommodations)
ADA Assessment and Accommodation Recommendations
Employee Retention and Satisfaction
Components of a Successful Office Ergonomics Program:
Education and Training
Office Equipment Assessment
Ergonomics Specifications for Office and Furniture Layout
& Gas Companies
Electronics & Semiconductor Companies
Companies & Banks
Natural & Organic Grocery Businesses
Software & Technology Companies
Art & Framing
Tom Rowell is a wealth of knowledge who is always willing to help and go the extra mile. I recommend him not only as a former colleague, but as a fellow ergonomist who has learned so much from him over the years.
Michael J. MS,PE, CSP
Tom is a consummate ergonomics professional complemented by his technical skills and experience that are very beneficial to our organization. He is diligent about collecting detail and following up with our employees to ensure their needs are met. Most importantly to us, Tom is always seeking practical solutions to the challenges placed before him.
Ariana I. CPE, CSCS, EIT
Tom is a professional in all respects and takes time to make sure all of his clients understand and feel comfortable with his adjustments. When I need a partner for a project or new client, Tom is always my first choice.